TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - My fix explained:
People Seeking Info

Subject My fix explained:

Posted by TriniTT on July 19, 2014 at 3:40 PM
  This message has been viewed 264 times.

In Reply To Roof trim clip part number for slicktops posted by TriniTT on July 17, 2014 at 10:12 PM

Message Just to follow up with some pics of how I've worked around the lack of availability of the appropriate clips, I've taken a few pics.

Here you can see how tight against the roof the trim piece sits. I've removed the rear insert of the trim so you can see the trim rails a bit better. The trim metal gets tucked up under itself, creating a rail that can be seen in the pic below:

These inner rails are what the clip pushes down on to hold the trim in place. You can see the 2 arms that stick out on the left part of the clip, and right side of the clip has an overhang that catches the right side of the rail.

The black clip arms sit about 2mm lower than the white clips, so I insert a piece of electrical wire to act as a spacer, pushing down the trim about another 2mm:

Once the clip is in place on the peg, you can simply snip off any remaining electrical wire and reinstall the rear insert. Voila, simple enough. There is a good bit of space between the top of the clip and the top of the inside of the trim, so there are no issues with clearance there.

Cheers,
JBrobst

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.